Wednesday 21 March 2012

What I Ate Wednesdays - Goes Green and facing my fears

I completely forgot about last weeks WIAW but this week I am back in full swing!



 
This month the WIAW challenge was to go green. I am usually pretty good with including greenery in my diet (it is my favourite colour after all).



Breakfast - My regular unpictured coffee and my new favourite breakfast meal... omelettes!
Today mine included 1 egg, 2 egg whites, tomato, zucchini, baby spinach, mushrooms and feta.
Greens? Check! Check!


Lunch - Chicken and stir fry vegetables. Yummy crunchy brussel sprouts, carrot, broccoli, bok choy, green beans and white chia seeds.
Greens? Check! Check! Check! Check! Woohoo!



DinnerTurkey and White Bean Pumpkin Chilli topped with Shallots and Sour Cream. I also cut  some tortillas into eights and grilled for some home made tortilla chips!
Greens? Hmm does Shallots counts?

I have to confess I also ate half a block of Dark Cooking Chocolate. I don't know why! I probably shouldn't have... but it was awesome :P

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesdays... I started my 6 days of holidays! Unfortunately my OCD rised to the surface and I have spent the whole day cleaning. 
I decided to clean and wash out our bombsite of an outdoor area and garage. Took all day and had to face one of my most prominent fears and kill countless numbers of these eight legged suckers...


Red Back Spiders... just googling a picture to put on here is making my skin crawl.... and see those yellow things... egg sacks! Eeewwww!!! I was super proud of myself though... I was able to kill every one I came across... (it may have involved a crazy amount of squealing though).

Anyhow! Time to sign off now I have flared up my arachnophobia!

17 comments:

  1. Great Eats! Your dinner looks fabulous with the homemade pita chips and the soup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stir fry looks delicious!! I might have to include that for dinner one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I love the Brussel Sprouts. I can't believe what a bad rap they get!

      Delete
  3. Your lunch looks amazing! Great combo...I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks delicious...the spider, not so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah the spider is a real downer :(

      Delete
  5. Chicken stir fry, my favourite meal! <3 I hate spiders too, even the tiniest ones make my skin crawl. Any time I see one I run/scream, like the apocalypse is happening :S One day I hope to have your bravery! *bowing down*
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. Generally I get my fiance to kill them for me but I had to harden up yesterday lol.

      Delete
  6. Your omelette looks amazing. Mine always look broken, more like a messy scrambled eggs. Great incorporations of green. :) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey again, I have tagged you in my versatile blogger award!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy eats!! I have been loving omelets, too!
    Ahh spiders creep me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for subbing to my blog, your's is amazing! I especially love these posts! I want to try something similar, im eating healthy to get ready for my holiday and these meal ideas are fab! Would love the recipies and posts on how you make them!

    Take care.
    Tara x

    P.s. definately subbing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! You definately feel better when you eat healthy and then you will look so fab for your holiday! Good luck :)

      Delete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...