Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hungry Recipe - Breakfast Eggshroom with sauteed tomato

 What do you get when you get a lonely egg meets a marvellous mushroom? An Eggshroom of course!

At least you would have if you were in my kitchen this morning :)

I found these amazing large mushrooms for sale at my grocers this week, they are classed as BBQ mushrooms in my neck of the woods, I was feeling adventurous this morning and decided to cut out the stem and crack an egg in there. The results were delicious! My new favourite breakfast meal.









This serves one but double,triple or quadruple the recipe as necessary

  •  An Egg
  • 1 BBQ Mushroom or a mushroom about 8-13cm in diameter (not portabello), stem removed
  • 1 tomato, coursely chopped
  • 1-2 tbsp of basil/chive/parsley coursely chopped (I used basil)
  • 1/4 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
  • Spray oil (I use light olive oil)
  1. Get your fry pan on the hot plate, spray lightly with oil.
  2. Pop the mushroom in the pan so you have the cup facing upwards.
  3. Once your pan has heated to medium high, crack your egg into the cup of the mushroom (don't worry too much if a bit of the white spills over).
  4. Scatter your tomato, basil, mushroom stalk and stock around the mushroom.
  5. Cover and allow to steam for about 5 minutes until your mushroom is soft and the egg is cooked (the white should no longer be clear)
  6. Serve and enjoy!

I served mine with toast and avocado but it would be just as delicious by itself for a low carb option.

9 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! thanks for sharing :)
    i am your newest follower! woo hoo
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds SO good! definitely going on a giant mushroom hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find them :) Let me know how you go if you make them.

      Delete
  3. Wow,
    that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!!! You are once again making me want to wake up early so I can prepare a breakfast like this for myself :)

    Mandy
    Kini Style & The Klury Report

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you heard :) it's the most important meal of the day haha

      Delete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...