Thursday 9 February 2012

Hungry Recipe - Massaman Curry & February Photo-A-Day - Day 9 - Front Door


Well... this is my front door... nothing exciting about it. I have Milly on the other side, she was begging to be let free the whole time.

On a more exciting note (for me anyway). I made Massaman Beef Curry for dinner tonight. Yum!
Although delicious, I don't think this will go be one of our regulars just because it isn't as healthy as I would like it to be. I did pack it with more vegetables than the recipe called for. Here is the link to the recipe I referred to and I will provide my altered recipe below.


Massaman Beef Curry (adapted from taste.com.au)

Ingredients (serves 4-6)
  • 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 650g steak, fat trimmed and diced
  • 1 cup light coconut cream
  • 2 tablespoons massaman curry paste (I bought my from Asian section of supermarket)
  • 1 cup light  coconut milk
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
  • 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3cm pieces 
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon cardamon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • rice to serve
Method
  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef. Cook, stirring constantly, until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate. Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream and the massaman curry paste to the pan, heat for 1-2 minutes until hot and fragrant.
  2. Return beef and juices to pan. Add coconut milk, stock, peanuts, potatoes,onion, cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamom, brown sugar, lime juice , fish sauce and remaining coconut cream. Stir to combine.
  3. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, add broccoli to pan now, continue to simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until broccoli is cooked. 
  4. Serve with rice
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy, as do all of your recipes!! Would love to hear what you think of my latest post today! Thanks, doll!

    xx
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...