Saturday 28 January 2012

Skinny Taste Review - Delicious Pork Tenderloin for Dinner

It has been a rainy week for Queensland. With the constant showers only holding up for Thursday's Australia Day holiday. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

It has been a lazy Saturday, I am giving my muscles a rest and my day has mostly consisted of laying on the couch and watching my saved recordings of the Martha Stewart morning show.

Dinner was a delight. A few weeks Gina at skinnytaste.com posted 'Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa'. I am a bit late with Chinese New Year but I still wanted to get into the spirit.

I had to make a few alterations to her recipe. Unfortunately the boy doesn't like Mango (or any fruit for that matter) so I made do without. I don't know what Sriracha sauce is either so I just used sweet chilli sauce. The result was still absolutely amazing. The pork was sweet and succulent with just the right amount of bite. The boy couldn't stop raving about it and went back for thirds! Find the recipe here.


I served the pork with my rendition of coconut rice. I altered my normal rice cooking by replacing the majority of my water with coconut milk. I just popped it all in my rice cooker and flipped the switch. After its cooked I added a cup or so of green peas, mainly because I can't eat a meal without any green vegetables!


Milly is getting a little big for her scratching tree and now when she rolls around on the top platform, flops off! I tried to get her in action and you can kind of see she is about to make her descent. I have never see a cat that is so clumsy, she accidentally rolls out of bed. She falls off the couch, I have even seen her trip over her own feet!


It has been a tradition this year that the boy will make us coffee before bed. A caffeine hit before bed isn't so great for my sleeping patterns but my goodness I do love them. He bought cute little templates which he always puts on my coffee! Yum Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...