Sunday 14 April 2013

Jamie's Sausage Gnocchi with Warm Kale and Bean Salad

After swooning over Jamie Oliver latest TV show (and oogling over Jamie - ahh I love a man that can cook). I quickly jumped online and bought his accompanying recipe book Jamie's 15 Minute Meals.

The selling point of the book and the show is that you can make healthy, wholesome and delicious meals in 15 minutes. Let's be honest, unless your a expert chef with the perfect kitchen then there is no way that you are going to get this done in 15 minutes. I would leave about 30-40 minutes to get the food on the plate.

Tonight I recreated the Spicy Sausage Gnocchi with Warm Kale and Bean Salad and it was delightful!


Pillowy gnocchi, spicy sausage and tender broccoli in a rich tomato sauce. I forgot the yoghurt but I can see how that would have cut through the sauce and made it creamier. Even without the yoghurt it was still yummy, the perfect meal for a cold winter evening.


The warm kale and bean salad was amazing! I have never tried kale before as it is very difficult to find it where I live but I am so glad I found it for this meal. 
The kale and beans were quickly cooked in boiling water and then served with maple glazed hazelnuts and bacon. I kept going back for more of this salad, the hazelnuts were the crunchy and sweet and all together it was just mmmm. 


Josh and I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and have plenty of leftovers to contend over :) The recipes states 4 servings but I would suggest you could serve 6 people with the amount of food we have left over.

4 comments:

  1. I watched the TV show of this yesterday, looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty and comforting! Always great to have extra leftover :) I do love Jamie Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! I just found your blog and loving it -- keep up the great work :)

    xoxo,
    Nat
    Modern Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks AMAZING.

    Like you, I love a man who can cook - and who better than Jamie!

    Sadly, I only realised over the weekend that I don't own any of his cookbooks! I think that will have to change :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...