Monday 28 January 2013

My Workout Schedule

As previously mentioned in my January Goals (read about them here). I wanted to sort out my workout schedule so I was improving (or at least maintaining) my fitness and strength without tiring myself out.

For anyone interested, P90X is strength building workouts and Insanity is very high intensity interval cardio (both produced by Beachbody). Doing a mix of both has been sooo beneficial to my strength and fitness - I can honestly say that I have never been this physically fit ever.

Over the last 4 or so months I have been following the P90X and Insanity workout schedules. As a result, I have been get getting too tired doing the 1 1/2 hours of exercise every day. I decided that I needed to change it to only five days a week. I am still performing a hybrid of the P90X/Insanity workouts but not to the volume I was doing before Christmas.


So I've decided three days a week I will be doing the P90X strength workouts and two days a week I will perform the Insanity cardio workouts.

 I have two seven day workout schedules which I will alternate between. This will ensure it doesn't get boring (variety is the spice of life!) and also means I get to focus on all body parts.

If your also a P90X or Insanity fan - please feel free to use my workout plan. I am not a fitness expert in any way, shape or form so just be aware of that.

10 comments:

  1. Your so motivating that you've kept up at it and kudos for doing these types of workouts. I've never personally have done these tapes, but I've seen the Insanity and P90x infomercials. They are intense!!! Good for yoU!

    Ergo-Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your Blog on Elle and Blair
    really love it! Keep up the good work
    <3 your newest follower
    http://dayswithash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm getting tired just reading this! good--no great--for you!

    i hope you love my blog…it’s based in nyc – http://www.the-beautiful-things.com/

    x Vittoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go. I did p90x 3 years ago and it was great but I disliked how Long the workouts are. And insanity is... Insane. Haha I have never sweated so much in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love Zuzka Light's workouts, they're very similar. I've gotten more into just going out for a jog whenever I have time, though, and mixing it up with a little bit of daily yoga. You're probably going to be in way more crazy better shape than me though!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard that P90X is such an insanely good workout! Right now I'm doing Ballet Barre, which I love-but after reading your schedule, maybe I should do P90X?!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sounds tough! What a nice blog you've got here! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    xx Olivia

    Olivia's choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so intense!! i love hearing what others do to stay fit, though!

    new follower :)

    www.thebechtholts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really balanced and challenging looking plan, I think it looks great! I don't think I could handle such intense workouts but go you for doing it. I definitely think 5 days a week sounds healthier because it gives your body a chance to reset :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did P90x once to twice a week and ran while on deployment and I saw lots of people get amazing results from doing it regularly and modifying their diet! I can only imagine how intense doing both could be! I run long distances and Insanity scares me! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...