Wednesday 26 September 2012

WIAW - End of September ❤ Stuffed Sweet Spud

Happy WIAW - This week has been awesome but sooo busy! I always thought when I finished university I would have so much free time but between work, wedding planning, blogging and a million other things I rarely have an hour just to chill.

Somehow in my chaotic week I managed to snap some pictures of eats for the day! Woohoo :)

Another huge thanks to Jenn @ Peas and Crayons blog for hosting this awesome WIAW party every single week :)



Breakfast was a bit mish-mash. I am scavaging to the corners of my pantry and fridge to make meals because I am refusing to go shopping until we have depleted the excess supply of food residing in our kitchen. I cooked up some mushrooms and asparagus and then scrambled egg and chived into the pan. Sprinkle some feta on top and a yummy and filling breakfast was served.


Snackaroo 1 - I was lucky to find the time to even make myself a coffee! Work has been so busy lately. I sipped on this coffee for most of the morning so it tided me over to lunch (barely)


Lunch - Oh boy - I was looking forward to this lunch all day! Skinnytaste.com cobb salad. Absolutely amazing and super easy! A combination of so many delicious ingredients - chicken, boiled egg, BACON, crisp iceberg lettuce, tomato and avocado. Not much more I could ask for.


Snackaroo 2 I always keep a stash of popcorn at work for when I get hungry (reused picture - sorry)


Dinner - My favourite boy wasn't home for dinner so I didn't want to go to too much effort. I have been eying off Jenns yummy stuffed sweet potatoes and it was the perfect time to try it. I decided to pan fry some red onion, bacon, mushrooms and some jarred artichoke heart and capsicum. I split open a sweet potato I microwaved for about 10 minutes. Filled it with my pan mix and topped with cottage cheese. My dinner didn't look green enough so I also steamed some broccoli :) This is seriously good!


Dessert - Though the boy couldn't be home for din-din. He did bring home something worshipped in our household. I saw. I adored. I devoured.

So let's summarise and see how I went with the goals I set myself at the start of the month... 
  • Continue eating nourishing, filling and healthy foods focusing on veggies, protein and fibre rich foods.
    I had a bit of a insane weekend - which may have included McDonalds icecream and an excess of Koreon BBQ but other than that - Hunky Dory! Overall this month has been awesome 'healthy' eating wise. I am really starting to learn what my body needs vs what my body wants which is so awesome!
  • Doing strength workouts five times a week but also keeping in mind not to over push my body!
    This month has been rockin' when it comes to workouts. I haven't injured my back. I feel strong and.... I just started P90X. Oh my god. It is sooo hard! But so good :)
  • Park 15-20 minutes away from my workplace and walk to and from work at least four days a weekI have done really well with this habit. I have discovered it actually takes equal or less time for me to park further away from my work and walk the 15-20 minutes than it takes to drive the extra distance and then to actually find a decent park near my work! What a bonus :)
  • I want to organise my flowers, entertainment, boys suits and cake for the wedding by the end of this month!
    As I mentioned last week I have ordered my flowers and Josh has organised his grooms fittings for the end of next month. I haven't done anything about the cake - FAIL. 2 outta 3 sorted though.
  • Buy the boy's wedding band :)
    Nup still haven't done it, we have found out what his ring size is though - so all we have to do is find what he wants and get the darn thing :) 
I actually really enjoyed monthly goal setting - it is kinda like yearly resolutions but more accountable since it is month to month. What do you guys reckon? Should I keep doing it?

Have a lovely Wednesday and join in WIAW if you don't already!

30 comments:

  1. That stuffed sweet potato looks amazing!! I haven't ever tried stuffing a sweet potato (only the regular ones). Next cooking endeavor? I think so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweets potatoes:)

    xoxo-Laila

    http://townhousepalette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you set monthly goals on your blog. I think I might start doing that too.

    My blog: acolorfulcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your meals look amazing! And I love kit kats too! Pretty much the best chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED to try stuffed sweet potato - it looks amazing! I love monthly goal setting, I find it SO much easier than working longer-term.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of putting cottage cheese on top of sweet potatoes... genius though!

    Congratulations on your goals. You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilie, your pictures are stunning. And your food looks so good. Especially that sweet potato is calling my name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I'm so drooling! Happy wiaw love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scrambled eggs and stuffed sweet potato look so good!

    Great going with your goals :) It sounds like you've been really successful and got heaps done! You sound like you have a fantastic balance in your life with healthy choices and enjoyment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cobb salads are my fav! And yours looks delicious :)

    Happy WIAW...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm...Cobb Salad! One of my all time favs.

    Thanks for sharing. Happy WIAW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohmygoodness! Breakfast & dinner look so yummy! I don't know why I've never thought of stuffing a potato! And a sweet potato? Even better!

    mollywallaceblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are gorgeous girl!! Well done. Love the blog design too.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have nominated you for the blog bug award!
    http://www.counttofour.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mouth is definitely watering over the Cobb salad. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look delicious ! Following !

    http://www.facebook.com/chachathefashiongenius

    http://chachathefashiongenius.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so so much for following! And for your comment as well =)

    Your blog is awesome and so many yummi impressions - I´m following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome job on achieving your monthly goals! Love Kit-Kat's too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many tasty treats! Love your take on scrambled eggs! Following. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh thanks for following! I really really like your blog..this gorgeous design and photos..looks awesome!
    and very deliccious food :) yum!

    http://individualemotion.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just wanted to say that I think your blog is looking extra lovely these days! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg this stuffed sweet potato got me drooling all over my keyboard... And I've just had my afternoon snack haha.
    Thanks for following me, that's so nice!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. It all looks delicious, great post :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmm the sweet potato looks absolutely delicious! Think I need to try that one asap! I love sweet potato but normally just mash it or make wedges so this would make a looovely change!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Emilie, your photography is amazing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and being my newest follower - it is a great pleasure to return the favour :) And I am so impressed with your goal achievements - well done!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmm...Yummy Yummy! Everything seems to be so delicious (except for the Kit-Kat; I don't like black chocolate) Loved your blog! <3
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great photos! The baked potato and scrambled eggs look really yummy!
    ~jessica
    www.jeansandateacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. We're not doing any groceries for the same reason! So much food in our house! The baked potato looks delicious and the eggs look fantastic. They've inspired my for a delicious breakfast this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  29. mmmmm making me so hungry! i love the idea of parking away from work - but 15-20 minutes away for me is on a highway or in the smack darn center of a rock quarry!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single comment, thank you so much for your feedback, friendship and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...