Today was great, my lovely hubby made me a delicious breakfast and then we went for a stroll around our neighborhood, trying to gain some inspiration for some house/garden updates we are planning to undertake later this year.
Back in January, I wrote up some monthly goals on the blog to try and then I kinda didn't bother to ever follow up with it. Well six months down the track, I am back to share my goals and hope that you all can keep me accountable!
- I really need to get back into meal planning - it saves time, money and decision making during a busy week. Last year I did really well at this but I have kinda slacked off so I want to get this under control again.
- I love Bentos! Feel free to check out my Bento Pinterest board and please leave tell me if you know of any great bento box sites/blogs so I can start making my own healthy and fun bento box lunches this month.
- More veggies - I am pretty good in the vegetable eating department but I think my body wants more! I want to try to incorporate green veggies in every meal.
- Reintroduce P90X strength training 3 times a week. I haven't done any P90X since the wedding and I miss it so! My body also seems to be missing it because my back has been so sore lately.
- Start walking 2 or 3 times a week. I love the concept of running but I don't think my joints or stupid asthma likes it too much. Walking is good though, and it is something that Josh would be keen to join.
- I need to try to control my stress and anxiety - my new job is getting to me... a little bit too much. I need to remember that work isn't the most important thing in my life and focus on all the positives that surround me.
- One technology free night a week - I am a little bit dependent on my iPhone. I would like to stash it away for one night a week and get off the interwebs once and a while.
- Finish reading the Game of Thrones book series - I have two books to go! I love the Game of Thrones TV series so I have been catching up on the novels and of course, they have been amazing so far.
- Practice indoor photography - by the time I get home, there is generally no natural light so I have been trying to learn a bit about light boxes etc.. time to put the education into practice.